ACT/SAT Info and Dates
- These standardized tests are used for college admissions in the United States.
- One test is not better than the other, it is based on the student’s preference.
- Some vocational-technical schools may require ACT/SAT test for admissions.
- To better prepare for the ACT/SAT: Students need to research the school(s) they want to attend to identify if the ACT/SAT is required for admission, what scores are desired, and if the student is required to take the essay portion of the tests.
- ACT/SAT fee waivers are for students who are in financial need. If you feel that you qualify, complete a waiver request form in the guidance office to see if you qualify. Students who qualify for an ACT/SAT fee waiver are allowed up to two free ACT and two free SAT tests, including four college admissions application fee waivers.
- Students who qualify for an ACT/SAT fee waiver are allowed up to four college admissions application fee waivers.
The ACT and SAT tests both cost money, but a student could qualify to receive fee waivers that would allow them to not have to pay for the tests. A student who qualifies will receive two ACT and two SAT waivers and up to four college admissions application fee waivers. In order to receive fee waivers, here are the eligibility requirements below:
- The annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (student officially qualifies receives free/reduced lunch).
- The student is enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g. Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- The family of the student receives public assistance (TANF or SNAP, any other public assistance).
- The student lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or is homeless.
- The student is a ward of the state or an orphan.
If a student feels they qualify for an ACT/SAT fee waiver, they need to pick up a request form from the guidance secretary. In order to receive college admission application fee waivers, a student must first be qualified to receive ACT/SAT waivers.
ACT/SAT 2019-2020 Dates